Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Audrey and Paris When it Sizzles






 Audrey Hepburn's classy style is one my favorite. Always sweet, feminine, and effortlessly chic, her style is something that I  am constantly pulling inspiration from. Although Paris When It Sizzles is not my particular favorite (as far as Audrey movies go), but there is one yummy sherbet-hued sheath that I have been thinking about recreating. It has a simple "wiggle" shape, with a tie waist belt and a super sweet neckline. I wish that I had a picture to show it- the front collar transitions into a softly draped cowl in the back.


I've never sewn anything with a drape, so I'm a little bit intimidated. I found this pattern on Etsy that is interesting because it is basically the reverse of Audrey's dress, minus the buttons.


I'm not entirely sold on the color for me, but I am looking at a color closer to coral/pink. Any advice and/or suggestions for drafting this pattern are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I Love this dress, How about trying it in a pale ice blue or pastel pistachio? now I want one too! Look forward to seeing what your create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I like both of those suggestions! I'll keep you updated :)

    ReplyDelete