Thursday, April 28, 2011

The best vanilla cupcake ever.

I like the classics. It's true. Chocolate chip cookies and vanilla cupcakes make me oh-so-happy. Have you made anything with whole vanilla beans? I had not...before now.




Easter day I wanted to bake, and I admit- I am completely disenchanted by easter bunnies and the general holiday festivities that take place during this time of year. Sure, it's all really fun. When I was a kid, my mom would make me a homemade Easter dress and I loved running around in it, gathering up candies and eggs. It might just be the actual bunny, but I believe that we've all forgotten what Easter is really celebrating. Plus giant talking bunnies are really creepy. Anyway, these cupcakes have been on my to-bake list for a while and it seemed like no better time. They have lots of vanilla extract, vanilla seeds scraped from a bean, and they're fluffy and moist and everything that you'd want in a cake.  The chocolate buttercream is a perfect pairing. True to it's name, this buttercream is creeeeeamy. This recipe is seriously delicious. Also, they make for a pretty awesome breakfast.


By the way, yes that cup is a Prince Charles and Princess Diana cup from after they were married. I couldn't help myself- I got it at a thrift store a couple of years back for all it's silly kitschy-ness.  Seemed appropriate that day considering the upcoming royal wedding. :)



2 comments:

  1. Cupcakes and coffee for breakfast - now thats my kind of breakfast!

    They look fantastic, Obviously no disasters in your kitchen, perhaps next year I should follow your good example.

    P.s Love the Kitschy mug, very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know...only I think that I've been eating them with lunch and dinner, too.

    Are you kidding me- your golden eggs were seriously awesome. I can't believe that you did all of that work! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete